Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Beautiful Generosity

     During the Covid-19 pandemic I, like most of us, have found time to do long avoided or ignored projects, tasks, and then some. I have been nearly as busy as when I am working - just in different ways. And I have observed that even though there are many stressors for each of us, I see a lot of relaxed and refreshed faces. 
     I am a licensed hairdresser. A beautician. I work alone in a licensed salon that is on my home property. I see clients by appointment only and most often one at a time. I have been in this location since 2003. I have been licensed since 1986. And except for my very first year or so, I have always worked alone. I attend workshops and industry events which are always inspiring. This leads me to the subject of this post:
     On May 4 2020 I began a series of online classes with Sassoon Academy. They were offering these classes for free and I will be forever grateful. The technique training and the generosity that has been shown by this offer is extraordinary. It was a week to start with and now it has been ongoing. I have learned a ton, I have practiced in house, and I have been made to feel a part of a larger community. 
     Although I do love the business model that I have created, I am very much enjoying the feeling of connection that I have with this dynamic group. I have improved my skills as well as my commitment to my profession. I appreciate all of the support that i am receiving from my clientele, many of whom are friends.

Once again I am finding this post in my drafts. It's a nice post so although it is past the time that it was written, and much has happened since then, I am adding it to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment